Management 3.0 course
I hoped to learn some new ideas to apply at work and there were a lot of good ideas and games (simulations for those who like a more formal word 😉 that I take with me from this course. There was also a lot of stuff in the course material that I’ll have to read again over when I get the slides. Not only where the games good, the material well structure but also we got Jurgens book: How to change the world along with two game cards. Complexity thinking was a model that I’ve never seen and I found confusing to try to use just after seing it and I’ll have to dive deeper into that subject to see how I can use it.
I found the class really good. Straight to the point and I always like when honest people as I found Jurgen to be. I find him very inspirational, he’s documented his work and based on his learnings he has created new things & ideas and works at shares them and teaching others…can’t wait to try some of them myself.
Thanks for a fun class Jurgen =)
Some “minor” notes:
- The first exercise Jurgen had everybody position themselves around the room on two axes, I liked that. Not just the game but also seeing how different understanding of Agile terminology was.
- Cook vs. Chief, recite vs. theory/feeling
“I know know, it’s not my problem, fix it”– how to manage
- 360 poker – gotta try this one
- Kudo box – where compliments lead to tangible gifts =)
- WTF/pm – thanks Rory
- Every measurement should be seen as a diagnostic…
“Dance with the system”– when trying to change the “system”/culture of the workplace.